Monday, July 07, 2008

INDIA'S BIGGEST RUBBER STAMP

Presidential Traffic Jam..!
Every once in a while, from the President’s abode in New Delhi, our country’s greatest rubber stamp lifts her head wearily from tediously tiring task she is involved in: Stamp! Stamp! Stamp! Stamp!

“I’m tired!” she wailed.

“Tell Sonia!”

“Madam I’m tired I need a break! I have been stamping all you’ve sent me night and day from the day Kalam left, most times with my eyes closed!”

“Oh my poor leetle president! Go out of town! Take a leetle break! Inaugurate a jewelry store, open a beeg mall, lay some foundation stones, pray at a few mandirs, a church, throw in a masjid for good measure!”

“Thank you madam! Thank you!”

The greatest rubber stamp in the country looked up happily. “I’m going on vacation! Madam said so!”

“I don’t know whether the people anywhere want you! You cause too many traffic jams! Go to some little town out of India! Kathmandu maybe!”

“No, I like India; seeing my own people looking at me enviously! Ah what pleasure!’

“Then take a helicopter! Get off at the airport; take a copter to town, no traffic jams, no inconvenience for the people!”

“I will ask madam!”

The greatest rubber stamp in the country lifted her phone and rang Sonia on the presidential hotline. “Madam I was wondering whether I can take the helicopter. No, no not from Delhi to my holiday place, ha, ha, ha, Madam cracked a joke, yes, yes, from airport to the city only!”

“Mama mia! But you have work to complete! You have to rubber stamp hundreds of documents I will be sending you!”

“But I am going on vacation madam!”

“Mama mia! I bring teeny- weeny portable stamping machine from Italy. Now you can stamp in the plane, in the train, in the airport, in the station; it belong before to Mussolini but I bring it for you, you can stamp on your journey!”

“But the plane ride is only an hour and a half, and the helicopter..”

“Helicopter?”

“Yes madam from airport to the city?”

“Do not take helicopter! Then you will not have time for stamping work. Take the road!”

“But that will inconvenience the people!”

“Mama mia you think I don’t know? Madam knows everything! But that will give enough time to rubber stamp the nuclear deal, the Samajwadi deal, the communist leaving us deal…. Do it all in the car ride!”

“Yes madam!”

So all you people caught in jams anytime because of a Presidential visit; remember it’s for a national cause.

Hush! Listen carefully as the motorcade passes you:

“Stamp! Stamp! Stamp!”

“Stamp! Stamp! Stamp..!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home