Thursday, August 03, 2006

THE SOFTER SIDE OF SEARS

The Softer Side of Sears
=========================

I assume you have all seen the reports about how Sears is
treating its reservist employees who are called up?

By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available,
but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose
benefits as a result of being called up.

Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and
maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus
programs, for all called up reservist employees for up to two
years. Their normal period of 30 days was beyond the legal
requirement. Sears went from 30 days to two years.

I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should
be recognized for its contribution.

I suggest we all shop at Sears, and be sure to find a manager to
tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive
reinforcement it well deserves.

from The Mountain:
My flight instructor, Julius Alexander, forwarded me the above.
I thought it was another one of those internet hoaxes so I
checked it. It's true.

In a world of corporate greed, perhaps Sears' example can teach
us all how to fly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home