Tuesday, February 06, 2007

DAN RATHER, COURIC AND A US MARINE

This little story is way too close to the truth to be
>>genuinely
>>entertaining, but it definitely deserves to be read.
>>
>> Dan Rather, Katie Couric, and a tough old U.S. Marine Gunny
>>were
>>
>> all captured by terrorists in Iraq. The leader of the
>>terrorists
>>
>> told them that he would grant them each one last request
>>before
>>
>> they were beheaded .
>>
>> Dan Rather said, "Well, I'm a Texan; so I'd like one last>
>>
>> bowlful of hot spicy chili." The leader nodded to an
>>underling
>>
>> who left and returned with the chili. Rather ate it all and
>said,
>>
>> "Now I can die content."
>>
>> Katie Couric said, "I'm a reporter to the end. I want to
>>take
>>
>> out my tape recorder and describe the scene here and what's
>>
>> about to happen. Maybe someday someone will hear it and know
>>
>> that I was on the job till the end."
>>
>> The leader directed an aide to hand over the tape recorder
>>and
>>
>> Couric dictated some comments. She then said, "Now I can die
>happy."
>>
>> The leader turned and said, "And now, Mr. U.S. Marine, what
>>is
>>
>> your final wish?"
>>
>> "Kick me in the ass," said the Marine.
>>
>>
>> "What?" asked the leader? "Will you mock us in your last
>>hour?"
>>
>> "No, I'm not kidding. I want you to kick me in the ass,"
>>insisted
>the
>>Marine.
>>
>> So the leader shoved him into the open, and kicked him in
>>the
>ass.
>>
>> The Marine went sprawling, but rolled to his knees, pulled a
>>9
>>
>> mm pistol from inside his cammies, and shot the leader dead.
>>In
>the
>>
>> resulting confusion, he jumped to his knapsack, pulled out
>>his
>M4
>>
>> carbine and sprayed the Iraqis with gunfire. In a flash, all
>>the
>>Iraqis
>>
>> were either dead or fleeing for their lives.
>>
>> As the Marine was untying Rather and Couric, they asked him,
>>
>> "Why didn't you just shoot them in the beginning? Why did you
>>ask
>>
>> them to kick you in the ass first?"
>>
>> What," replied the Marine, "and have you two assholes report
>>
>> that I was the aggressor?
>>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home