Sunday, June 18, 2006

PLATO ASKS HIS TEACHER ON LOVE AND MARRIAGE

This is a article which I read somewhere:-

One day, Plato asked his teacher, 'What is love? How can I find it?'

His teacher answered, 'There is a vast wheat field in front. Walk forward without turning back, and pick only one stalk. If you find the most magnificent stalk, then you have found love.' Plato walked forward, and before long, he returned with empty hands, having picked nothing.

His teacher asked, 'Why did you not pick any stalk?'

Plato answered, 'Because I could only pick once, and yet I could not turn back. I did find the most magnificent stalk, but did not know if there were any better ones ahead, so I did not pick it. As I walked further, the stalks that I saw were not as good as the earlier one, so I did not pick any in the end.

His teacher then said, 'And that is love.'

On another day, Plato asked his teacher, 'What is marriage? How can I Find it?'

His teacher answered, 'There is a thriving forest in front. Walk
forward without turning back, and chop down only one tree. If you find the tallest tree, then you have found marriage'.

Plato walked forward, and before long, he returned with a tree. The tree was not thriving, and it was not tall either. It was only an ordinary tree. His teacher asked, 'Why did you chop down such an ordinary tree?' Plato answered, 'Because of my previous experience. I had walked through the field, but returned with empty hands. This time, I saw this tree, and I felt that it was not bad, so I chopped it down and brought it back. I did not want to miss the opportunity.'

His teacher then said, 'And that is marriage. You see son Love is the most beautiful thing to happen to a person, its an opportunity but you don't realize its worth when you have it but only when its gone like the field of stalks. Marriage like the tree you chopped , it's a compromise.'

1 Comments:

At 1:44 AM, Anonymous Aguirrekhrh said...

Physical Bullion Investments: Which to Buy?Coins or Bars? Precious metals have been one of the top performing asset classes over the past six years, and investors wanting to add a precious metals component to their. Since South Africa is considered as a world leader in gold production and that a great number of gold mines can be found within the country, it is without a doubt that the world's deepest gold mines are found here as well. Real Estate Investing Benefits Buy Gold Buy Silver Buy Platinum Buy Palladium And Avoid Scams. Buying silver or buying gold coins online can be very simple but if done incorrectly. Do you buy a silver gram or a kilogram of gold and do you buy gold as an investment. Tambourines is located there. About sponsoring and recruiting Network Marketing Reps into the opportunity and promoting the products.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home