Sunday, September 11, 2005

Life and your attitude

Subject: Life and your attitude
John is the kind of guy you love to hate. He is always in a good
>> Mood and always has something positive to say. When someone would ask
him
>> how he was doing, he would reply, "If I were any better, I would be
>> twins!"
>> He was a natural motivator.
>>
>> If an employee was having a bad day, John was there telling the
>> Employee how to look on the positive side of the situation.
>> Seeing this style really made me curious, so one day I went up and
>> Asked him, "I don't get it!
>> You can't be a positive person all of the time. How do you do it?"
>> He replied, "Each morning I wake up and say to myself, you have two
>> choices today. You can choose to be in a good mood or ... you can
>> choose to be in a bad mood. I choose to be in a good mood."
>>
>> Each time something bad happens, I can choose to be a victim or...I
>> can choose to learn from it. I choose to learn from it.
>> Every time someone comes to me complaining, I can choose to accept
>> their complaining or... I can point out the positive side of life. I
>> choose the positive side of life.
>>
>> "Yeah, right, it's not that easy," I protested.
>>
>> "Yes, it is," he said. "Life is all about choices. When you cut away
>> all the junk, every situation is a choice. You choose how you react
>> to situations. You choose how people affect your mood.
>> You choose to be in a good mood or bad mood. The bottom line: It's
>> your choice how you live your life."
>>
>> I reflected on what he said. Soon hereafter, I left the Tower
>> Industry to start my own business. We lost touch, but I often thought

>> about
>> him when I made a choice about life instead of reacting toit.
>> Several years later, I heard that he was involved in a serious
>> accident, falling some 60 feet from a communications tower.
>> After 18 hours of surgery and weeks of intensive care, he was
>> released from the hospital with rods placed in his back.
>> I saw him about six months after the accident.
>> When I asked him how he was, he replied, "If I were any better, I'd
>> be twins Wanna see my scars?"
>> I declined to see his wounds, but I did ask him what had gone
>> through his mind as the accident took place.
>>
>> "The first thing that went through my mind was the well-being of my
>> soon-to-be born daughter," he replied. "Then, as I lay on the
>> ground, I remembered that I had two choices: I could choose to live
>> or...I
>> could choose to die. I chose to live."
>>
>> "Weren't you scared? Did you lose consciousness?" I asked.
>>
>> He continued, "..the paramedics were great.
>> They kept telling me I was going to be fine.But when they wheeled me
>> into the ER and I saw the expressions on the faces of the doctors
>> and nurses, I got really scared. In their eyes, I read 'he's a dead
man'.
>> I knew I needed to take action."
>>
>> "What did you do?" I asked.
>>
>> "Well, there was a big burly nurse shouting questions at me," said
>> John. "She asked if I was allergic to anything. 'Yes, I replied.'
>> The doctors and nurses stopped working as they waited for my reply. I
>> Took a deep breath and yelled, 'Gravity'." Over their laughter, I
told
>> them,
>> "I am choosing to live. Operate on me as if I am alive, not dead."
>> He lived, thanks to the skill of his doctors, but also because of
>> his amazing attitude... I learned from him that every day we have the
>> choice to live fully.
>>
>> Attitude, after all, is everything.
>> Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about
>> itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34.
>> After all today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.
>>
>> You have two choices now:
>> 01. Delete this.
>> 02. Forward it to the people you care about.
>> You know the choice I made
>>
>>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home